QLD Negligence Claim against Coles?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DonnaR

4 October 2018
Yesterday I was at our local Coles supermarket. While there my daughter, 5 years old, got her foot lacerated by the automatic sliding doors. The door did not sense her and then sensed another customer so opened when her foot was under it. She was taken by ambulance and spent 9 hours in hospital. She received a deep laceration to her upper foot. It required x2 deep fatty tissue stitches and x6 skin to skin stitches. She had to have a sedative drug to have the wound cleaned and stitched.
She is not able to walk on her foot for two weeks and is not able to be active for a month. I am having to take work off to care for her.
I went back to the Coles today and went to thank them for their assistance. When I was speaking to one worker she told me that Coles was going to be fixing the door as it is too high above the ground. Would I have a case to claim expenses and pain and suffering for my daughter? She’s even too scared to go back to Coles. Thank you for taking the time to read and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.