WA My ex wants 50/50

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Does dad actually do half school holidays right now?

Sure he can apply to court. But don't be bullied. Like I said offer more time. There is lots he has to do before he can apply to court. I reckon he doesn't want court either and is hoping he can bully you into giving in. But a fair compromise is to offer an additional night here or there.

Missw

19 April 2020
Yes for the last 2 years have offered that some times he dose some times he dose not due to his work or has plans he says some time he only has then for a few days in the holidays or not all its up to him but I offer half

Missw

19 April 2020
I think offeringa night here of there dose not work needs to be constant care I have said I would be open to a trail to see if the kids are ok with it and if it is a positive for them

Missw

19 April 2020
There was a time that the kids went one day in the week and then every second weekend but that's when he started seeing them and then with no notice just stop the day in the week cause his wife got a new job he didn't ask for more time for another year after that

sammy01

27 September 2015
Look it needs to be constant. So offer him additional time with the plan to build towards 50/50 if it is working BUT jumping from most weekends to 50/50 is really problematic.

Missw

19 April 2020
Yes well happy to offer and extra day in the week but seeking legal help as I know he just wants straight 50'/50 And my concerns are can he financially support them be able to do his work and have the kids in his weekly life and be doing it for the right reasons

sammy01

27 September 2015
Just offer some more time on a consistent rotation. Maybe offer more weekday time and less weekend time. But make the offer. If he wants to drag this through court you can reconsider your options then...