QLD mechanic ruined my engine after paid work

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

shaio

10 May 2021
jimboomba
mechanic paid to do a timing chain and full service on my car after the job was completed the car broke down on side of road so the cat was towed bak to mechanics after the car was inspected it was discovered the time ing belt chain had snapped resulting in the motor being a total mess the mechanic then admitted fault and supplied us with a courtesy car till they could repair after 2 months of waiting for some sort of response from mechanic i was out of patience and called the mechanic he said car was repaired and ready to pickup we arrived at mechanics got the keys went to start car when a airbag sensor fault displayed on dash of which was never there before the mechanic said that he didn’t know what that was happening for and had no idea why then said he hoped that we didn’t think it had anything to do with him which our response was well this has never been seen before now it’s all of a sudden appeared we just find it very strange u don’t have a explanation he still denied it had a thing to do with him so we left it at that out of good faith as we were expecting our car to be like new as it should have been after the very first time we dropped it off so just wanted to be done with all of it and we started the car drive up the road only to find d out the car had now power no turbo running either and was running worse than anything we took the car back said we wouldn’t accept it like this as the car is clearly not fixed he stated they reconditioned the head and that his plug in diagnostic computer read it was a valve injector issue and that they were not to do with the head i responded saying that i thought the motor had been replaced he said no then i said well then ?? i’m confused by this clearly and that i wanted paperwork also of everything done and that i may seek legal advice as to what we should do next as i believe that this mechanic is very unprofessional and our rights are not being met he is clearly trying to rip us off what should we do next