Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

Marriage Separatiom - Dividing Business?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by tarnia, 2 July 2014.

1. tarnia

tarnia Member

I am separating from my husband and we are both directors in our pest control business. I do the admin and he does the spraying etc... What am I entitled to you when we have our separation? He will continue the business as he does the spraying, I however will have to get another job. Am I entitled to a share of the business, does he need to pay me out (property settlement)?

2. rebeccag

rebeccag Well-Known Member

G'day tarnia,
    How is the business structured? You said you're both directors - so for example, does that mean you're equal directors and shareholders of a pty ltd company that has a constitution/documents how you should exit the company and your split to be paid out?

Also check out this LawAnswers Family Law Forum Post "Property Settlement if I Got a Divorce".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    CathL likes this.