WA Legal Papers for People No Longer Living Here - Australian Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chyler

1 November 2015
Yesterday a guy knocked on our door and asked to speak to 2 people who no longer live here and was told that they haven't in over a year.

He left 2 envelopes here for those people .There is no return to sender address on envelope, just hand written.

What is my role in this under Australian Law? Do I open it up and find out who to send it back to ? Or do I throw it out ? I have no forwarding address and don't believe it is my role to find out and send it on. They placed it in my door frame and said they were leaving it here and what it is about and turned around and left.

S

Sophea

Hi Chyler,

Do you know the people who the documents are for? Are they friends or family of yours?

Chyler

1 November 2015
No, I just don't know what to do as I am house sitting while friends are away and they don't know details of people.

After telling the person that they don't live here, I was told what they are for and they are legal papers

I don't think that is very legal in itself as it doesn't concern me. I just found it odd there is no return address