QLD Landlord Built Back Porch without Council Permission

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

carer1

3 April 2015
We rent a house in Queensland and discovered the back verandah/roof etc the owner built without council knowledge or permission. The concrete slab is shedding dust wich we are breathing in and covers inside the house. The owner sort of did a sealant spray but that was useless and he wont do it again. We shouldn't have to live like this. The roof is coated with tinfoil ( ilegal Im told) but nothing is done either by the owner or council. I'm the pig in the middle suffering stress/health etc now and in the future (which is what I fear) what can I do? I can't leave unless I want to pay rent and advertising. Do I have any rights in this place?

S

Sophea

Have you spoken with the real estate agent about this? Its important that they are aware of any issues so that if there is an incident or injury, they had prior notice.

carer1

3 April 2015
Have you spoken with the real estate agent about this? Its important that they are aware of any issues so that if there is an incident or injury, they had prior notice.
oh they know about it well and truly