VIC IVO- Proof of false statement that resulted in IVO, how can I fight this?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
D

Deleted member 34902

So in 2019, my mother beat my sister's head in and she called police. My mother was taken away and not charged for some reason. A month after the incident my mother filed for an IVO against the entire family. Her statement she provided to the officer who made the IVOs contradicted the 1st responders (police & paramedic) statements as well as the rest of the families yet the police still ran along with it, knowing she had submitted a false statement.

I'm also a home owner and have been banned from living in my home for over 3yrs now. My property is currently being squatted in by the "AFM" as she and her mates broke in, damaged the place, stole my property etc. I already showed the police that I was the actual home owner via my title but they took my mother's word of mouth claim that she owned my place instead, and now I am in this position. To add salt on the wound, they gave me some homeless shelter numbers to call. Like was that supposed to be an insult or something?

I heard someone in the Magistrates Court with a similar case to mine and he managed to not only get his assault charges dropped, but he had his IVOs exponged and the AFM was charged for providing false statements, perjury etc. and Vic Pol was ordered to pay $80k in compo/damages and for his lawyer's legal fees.

I take it that if you're rich you can get justice, but if you're young and poor like me you're destined to get stuffed over unless someone offers to help you?

Any ideas on what I should do? A Senior Sergeant said that they couldn't evict home owner's from their own property, so why am I in this position? Age discrimination? Gender discrimination? Anyone ever experience this and know how to deal with it?

I'm also still paying my rates, bills and insurance. I'm really thinking about stopping that so I can probably use that money on legal fees!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Suggest you give me a call to sort though your FVIO issues.

D

Deleted member 34902

I phoned your firm earlier today and I think they said I'll need to organise a date and time and pay around $400 if I can recall. Not sure if I called the right people. These FVIO issues are also linked with my family law issue mentioned in the other forum. Send me a PM if you want to trade info regarding who to call. It's almost half past 6, are you still operating at this time?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Call and ask to speak with me.

D

Deleted member 34902

It's always an interim. She filed for one on 2019. It turned into a final because the Magistrate said it was a waste of time and resources. It lasted until late 2020 where she filed for an extension for no reason, even avoiding her informant and not reporting anything to the police as she was supposed to. It was an interim again until another contest hearing in December this year now.

Its becoming a joke now and now I cannot get into any of the jobs I applied for as a result.

Never mind Rod, I fixed it up. Not this issue, the other one in my other thread as this is related to it but a different matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tangent Runner

17 January 2018
So in the same situation, seems there really is no rule of law in Victoria,
thanks to all the dodgy amendments regarding time limits and
the practice notes at county court, regarding appealing this stuff...

And yeah, unemployment is an intended side effect of IVO's.
The entire system is a toxic monster destroying too many lives...

Don't expect the cops to do anything about crimes committed
by a "protected person" named in an IVO... They are exempt
from prosecution regards aiding and abetting breaches of the order...

And Yeah, the cops are happy to help use IVO's to pervert the
course of justice, and ensure perpetrators end up on the streets,
- regards you being evicted from your home...

Interested to hear if you find a solution, other than being talked
into "Nothing you can do, don't worry about it" by some silver tongued lawyer...