WA Is Employer Legally Entitled To Alter Personal Leave Form Without My Consent/knowledge?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi David,

I would say the answer is yes - generally. They are your employer after all and they have some right of veto and or right of approval for leave requests.

But really the full answer depends on what to what extent and what has been altered - and then why has it been altered?

Paul.

Davidfrancis

18 September 2014
Even if it has a signed declaration? Surely their only right as an employer is to either approve or deny the request not alter it to their satisfaction and then approve it..

He changed it from 4 days leave to 2.. And we are talking personal leave not annual

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Did you get paid for the two days he removed? It is to your benefit if you still got paid.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Have you used up your quota of 10 days personal leave?

Davidfrancis

18 September 2014
No I spoke to payearoll and I still have enough. I have gone through the fair work act and found some relevant legislation, so I'm confident ill get paid the days now but I question my hr about him altering my leave form without talking to me at all of which has a signed declaration.. I was told its not a legally binding document so he can if he wants but it's frowned upon..?