LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Is Employer Legally Entitled To Alter Personal Leave Form Without My Consent/knowledge?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Davidfrancis, 18 September 2014.

1. Davidfrancis

Davidfrancis Member

Title says it all. Is Employer Legally Entitled To Alter Personal Leave Form Without My Consent/knowledge? Help!

2. Paul Cott

Paul Cott Well-Known Member

Hi David,

I would say the answer is yes - generally. They are your employer after all and they have some right of veto and or right of approval for leave requests.

But really the full answer depends on what to what extent and what has been altered - and then why has it been altered?

Paul.

3. Davidfrancis

Davidfrancis Member

Even if it has a signed declaration? Surely their only right as an employer is to either approve or deny the request not alter it to their satisfaction and then approve it..

He changed it from 4 days leave to 2.. And we are talking personal leave not annual

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Did you get paid for the two days he removed? It is to your benefit if you still got paid.

5. Davidfrancis

Davidfrancis Member

6. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Have you used up your quota of 10 days personal leave?

7. Davidfrancis

Davidfrancis Member

No I spoke to payroll and I still have enough. I have gone through the fair work act and found some relevant legislation, so I'm confident ill get paid the days now but I question my hr about him altering my leave form without talking to me at all of which has a signed declaration.. I was told its not a legally binding document so he can if he wants but it's frowned upon..?