VIC Intervention order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Julez49

3 March 2020
Hamilton Victoria
My sons x girlfriend got a police officer to put an order on my son.. We got ran threw when we were in a motel room 5 officers 4 males and one female my son did not resist arrest but 4 manhandled in a way it wasn't funny I asked why they said r**e allegations and assault they took him to station he asked for a lawyer they didn't allow him one interrogated him for an hour then put him in Warrnambool cells to court in morning.. I rang Warrnambool they told me they let him go at 6am he's from Hamilton had no money no phone I went to courts to wait for my son so I talked to lady at counter asked what he was charged with she said no charges he's here for an intervention order now my son lives with me I pay rent my sons on bills I told lawyer she lived with us and don't use my address somehow they made sure my son wasn't allowed at my address he's in a bad mental state we then found out he wasn't allowed back at his home address so I had to leave my home police knew... My sons currently in mental health I came back home to find my whole house robbed everything of my sons and her stuff gone my room was trashed everything smashed eggs thrown all over walls house absolutely trashed she was meant to be staying in my home as I couldn't put my son on street the police and lawyer knows we had to leave.. Everything from my homes gone absolutely everything now I made a report and crime investigation came then we had to go for final order as my sons in a mental hospital we couldn't get there we rang courts to change address cause it's me and my sons place we haven't received anything I rang courts final order still had my address I can't understand why since then I've been threatened harassed she's putting all over facebook my sons a rapist and that it's all my fault she's degrading me you name it but she's doing it in someone else's name I went to police they wouldn't do anything and said how do we know it's her ..since she's been in a relationship with someone else in town living with him.. It's seems to be going on a while my sons in such a bad state it's not funny something's happened to him bad cause I was in Melbourne my mum passed away she isolated him told him his drug induced I found a needle mark in his foot and 2 in his arm my son was apprentice of the year he was earning over 1000 a week he's given up his work and everything for her I don't know what to do please help me

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
As nobody has replied to you, I thought I should put my foot forward and give it a go.

The problem with the way you've written your post, it's nearly completely indecipherable and very hard work to read. You need to think about how to structure your post so it's got an introduction, a body and a conclusion, along with the most important points to understand and what you actually want to achieve here. I don't mean to act like a stern teacher, but I suspect that's why nobody has jumped in - we simply have no idea where to start.

Reactions: Jake Matherson

rjm

2 February 2020
Hi Julez. It's hard to focus when things get so crazy, try & take a deep breath to start with.
First thing I'd do is go & see your son. Write everything down with as much detail as you can manage. Times, dates etc. Especially concerning the alleged incident that caused your son to be arrested. I'm hoping you took photos of the damage to your house. Take screen shots of the online defamation. If the girlfriend was living at your house & had access to a key she may have had a copy cut. The landlord might not pay to have the locks changed, but they might cover it & let you pay them back if you can't afford to do it yourself.
You certainly don't want your son to pretend to be OK if he's not. Reality is though that if he's in a mental health unit & telling the doctors that he wants to self harm, he'll end up on a treatment order when he gets out. That involves people coming to your house every day & making sure that you take your medication. Anti psychotic medication tends to be addictive, it's hard to get off it. That said it's better than suicide. Maybe explain all that to him & see if he's able to focus on calming down & letting go of the thoughts of self harm. It would be great if a male family member or friend could speak to him, just for some moral support.
Once you've got everything written down try calling Mensline. 1800819817. They should be able to help with referrals to counseling & legal assistance.
Lastly, point out to him that it's rare to meet your life partner when you're young. Most people have a few relationships before they meet the right person. He was happy before he met her, he'll be happy again when this is all over. Remind him of how loved he is & reassure him that you'll do what you can to support him.
Best of luck.