VIC Ex Provoking Son to Breach Intervention Order?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
So recording a person without consent is illegal. That said, the cops will happily listen to it, even though it is inadmissible. I'd suggest he doesn't need to have any app or recording device. He just needs to be smart. Be super nice - that will make her plan fail and really piss her off. Good.

So you can both tell her via text message that you're not prepared to talk on the phone and will only communicate via text message. Then never ever answer the phone to her.

So has son done mediation to organise a fixed schedule for his access? He should do so ASAP.

Look I went through this about 5 years ago. Didn't see the kids, etc. but if he is smart and strategic and a little bit lucky, he will do ok... Best piece of help - stay child focused. Forget petty arguments about 4.30pm or 5pm drop off's, whatever point she was trying to make is petty.

He must keep his eye on the prize, which of course is the kids. Everything else is meaningless and only serves as a distraction to the main game - kids. Right now he only sees the kids because she is letting him. So until he gets something more concrete, he is gonna have to suck it up.

twowrongs

15 February 2016
Hi sammy01

With the arrangements of access, it is relatively set and has been for some time the only time. It will change is if it's someones birthday, father's day, mother's day or a family special occasion. But she seems to think that she can call the shots, when really, it's not her call

They have 50/ 50 shared care. My son does not want to have someone tell him when he can see and have his own child, whether it be her or mediation. I agree she is petty but that's her game with the recording. She has been recording his phone calls and keeping all his messages as part of her game since the day she walked out.

If she can use all his words, name calling, as evidence then why can't he? I know it is illegal but people do it. It states in the intervention SAPOL leaflet that any evidence, etc., keep it. So I really don't think it is a illegal as they say, when you can really use it against someone.

My son is really trying to be very patient with it all, and we are proud of this as she does get up everyone's goat. And she does it to me, too, when she rings me and starts verbal BS. In the end, I just hang up as I don't have to put up with her BS.

sammy01

27 September 2015
God bless ya... Yep, you don't - but do you know what? Remember it is all about the kid. So don't answer the mobile.

Now - guess what? Most blokes would kill for 50/50. Don't rock the boat.

Now as far as evidence goes - look. It really ain't all that relevant in family law. The fact is he has 50/50. Keep it that way. Now I'm thinking it is all still a bit recent. So be patient. Family law is about best interest of the kids, so the other big one is recent history... So the longer he has 50/50 the harder it would be for her to change that down the track.