QLD Interpretation of Orders - Custody of Children?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question - if the parties have been ordered to attend a further family dispute resolution conference which is 'to occur at an organisation as nominated by the Dispute Resolution Coordinator of the Federal Circuit Court', does this mean the parties await instruction from the Coordinator? Or do they have to action this family law order in some other way?

Cheers.

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Hi @AllForHer
My interpretation of that wording is that you'd be waiting on the Dispute Resolution Coordinator to nominate the organisation.
I imagine the action a party could take would be to proactively check with the Coordinator about the organisation they nominate, but the wording isn't phrased in a way that imposes a proactive action on the parties.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Thanks, Victoria. My partner contacted the court registry for clarification. After forwarding documentation following the completion of a parenting orders program, he was advised that the matter had been referred to an organisation to conduct the FDR conference and that they would be in touch.