QLD International Company Chasing Debt for Item Never Received?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tamara

12 November 2014
I was browsing a site a few months back, filled in my personal details but never hit buy, never entered any payment details and exited the page without completing the form.

A month later, I get an email asking for payment for an item which I never received. I emailed them back telling them I never purchased the item and in fact had never even received the item.

They said filling out my personal details (name and address) meant i purchased the item. I told them i didn't and that I refused to pay for something I didn't buy and requested they stop harrassing me.

Months on they are still sending me invoices. What do I do under Australian Consumer Law?

The company is Lux International, they are an overseas company, in Denmark.

DeZBiE

3 February 2017
I have the same situation yet I did receive the items but I never ordered them! I have been in contact with them in the last couple of weeks since Christmas, as I received one of these items just before Christmas and I forgot about it, and they said I had missed my 14-day return period.

I told them that the fact is the items were not requested, have not been opened or used and offered to send them back. They told me that I need to pay and the only way I can send them back is to use them and return them as part of their unsatisfied-with-product policy within a 90-day period. How does this make any sense?

I didn't order them but they won't let me send them back and if I do I am worried they will still chase me for the money anyway because I missed the 14-day return period and then I will have no product either! I am also worried that I will return them after opening and using them and then them have me still pay because I used them!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
See Received two items instead of one

While the circumstances are different, the response should be the same.

Lux Style appear to have an international reputation for scamming people in this manner.

cristina

25 October 2017
Hi there,

I wrote about my situation a few days ago, and after I email lux some of the many stories I read here. They finally answered me back, and is hilarious people!! Even I am not aware of all laws, this just confirmed what they are a sacm!

28/10/2017 08:59, "LuxStyle Intl Intl - Tier 1" <[email protected]> escreveu:
Hello Cristina,

I am sorry that you did not receive the information you were looking for in your last email.

I have gone through your case and I can see that there was a delay in sending the goods in return as you encountered issues paying for the products.

Because the goods were received too late at the time, the invoice was not closed.

Since we do have the goods in our possession, I have went ahead and closed the account with our collection agency.

A payment is no longer required.

I wish you a good day.

Best Regards,
Rory P.
LuxStyle
Customer Service

cristina

25 October 2017
The information that talk about is a phone number for me to call them, and also more information about making the payment or something I returned at my own costs. I'm glad the payment was not valid at the bank or else I would have paid.

Clancy

6 April 2016
If you did not pay for an item and did not receive the item then that is the end of the story. Trying to claim payment for an item you did not pay for or receive is fraud!

If you received an item but did not order or confirm to order the item and they are claiming you did order it, and that is a false claim, then that also is Fraud! You need to request from them proof that you ordered the item and if their proof is not forthcoming or insufficient then hand over the case to the appropriate Australian fraud investigation authority. Do not pay them!