QLD Interim Order and DVO - Kids Live with Dad?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

GJB1960

21 January 2019
You asked about a mens support forum.... I mentioned Mensline.
Free help, support, referrals & counselling for men: MensLine Australia
can you give it a go and get back to me please? mate I'm keen to help but this govt funded website is a good resource, so I'd like you to give it a go and get back to me pls.
Hi Sammy
I have used the service before and it is a brilliant resource for counselling and in times of distress
But it is not really suited to my specific search for a network of Dad's with kids or those fighting for the right to be the primary carer
However I may put my question to them, just a little concerned that they are very busy and, based on my experience, are tending to greater needs

sammy01

27 September 2015
google 'dads in distress' .
Home -
i think you'll get more advice here than from mensline - Mensline is more of a crisis counselling service for blokes.

new dad

24 December 2017
I went to Dads in distress for a little while and found some good support there, but perhaps the most valuable lesson i learnt from going was from the men that years on were consumed with anger and bitterness and i was able to see in real time the pitfalls of not looking after myself emotionally etc, it was good for me to see what i did not want to become, met some really nice balanced men too it was a good experience

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Hard to avoid feeling angry and bitter though when the actions of your ex continue to affect you for the rest of your children's lives... It's not easy to move on from, but I guess there isn't much else you can do but try!

GJB1960

21 January 2019
Hard to avoid feeling angry and bitter though when the actions of your ex continue to affect you for the rest of your children's lives... It's not easy to move on from, but I guess there isn't much else you can do but try!
Anger and bitterness are like a cancer and need to be treated the same way
Yes actions do affect children, but they are resilient and the best thing we can do is to ensure they are not exposed to the bitterness and anger
My therapy is defending myself against the blatant lies, building that defense in a constructive way and articulating the incoherence of the claims against me
However it is mentally draining and a very steep learning curve which is why I tried networking with people with the same experiences
"Try" is too soft a term, the glass half-full term is "Will"

Good dad

30 June 2019
Your situation seems quite similar to mine. I would be very interested in private communication with you. Sorry only jut joined up on this forum now so not sure if there is anyway to private message?

sammy01

27 September 2015
mate try mensline. On that forum you can do private messaging which this forum doesn't allow. Or start your own thread here and ask questions. In some respects I reckon this is a better forum even though you can't pm...
But I'll keep an eye out for you on mensline too. To be honest I don't use mensline much anymore. It was pretty good a few yrs back and I met some blokes through it and have formed some good friendships and support because of the hell family law has put us through.
But asking questions here about the legal process is a good way to save money because you'll likely get good info here without paying a solicitor $500 an hour...