VIC Information regarding one side divorce

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

rahulB

10 August 2017
Hii
My Name is Rahul.... Ritenow I m India and my wife is in Australia. We are in Realtion from last 5years and got married for 3years.we did love MARRIGE in India and also I spend my 7years in Australia but I came back. My wife applied for dependent visa but that got refuse and now it's going to be three years for our MARRIGE and my wife student visa got refuse and her MRt got refuse and now she is going to apply for Bridging visa e and she is also saying she also wants to get seprate but I m not agree... I don't wanna get seprate and I want to convince her and the reason I m explaining bcs I really love her and she also loves me but I don't why she wants to get seprate and Also she will do one side divorce but I want to convince her and want to stop her.... Plz suggest me how I can fix this problem..... Rite now I m India and she is in Melbourne.... Plz suggest me best option and how I can protect my Realtion

AllForHer

23 July 2014
This is the basic principle of marriage in Australia: A person cannot be forced to remain married against their will.

If your partner wants to separate and ultimately divorce, you won't be able to stop her under Australian law.