QLD I relocated with children mum wants Recovery order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok - so you're worried about an IF?
Relax and get back to us IF....
The longer it takes the better... So I think u don't have much to worry about

yusuf

23 December 2016
So why is she going for the recovery order?
Because I have applied for child support and that hurts her so much. So it’s like a revenge to stop me or disturb me with the recovery order.

Three weeks ago she reported to the police that kids are lost. Police emailed me seeking for my address so that the local police could turn up and sort out the missing persons report.
That was finalised.

So I’m just thinking the next could be applying for recovery order after all this long just to give me hard time.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
I thought this was actually happening!!!!!! Mate, get on with your life and dont stress on what if.

Lennon

11 September 2014
The last time they saw the mother is on 12th/01/18 when she sent them back to me in a taxi and texting me not again to take kids to her.

So the last time she saw them was in January 2018. You moved 5 months ago, so basically she hasn't seen them since you relocated (without her consent)? I don't see how that time line is going to help you.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I do... She has gone 5 months without doing anyting about the fact that he took the kids.... If it were me I'd have been knocking on the door of the court at 8.30am the day the kids were not returned.... If she waits 5 months before doing anything, it indicates she isn't all that worried.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Agree with the above... in order to have even a chance of success you have to strike whilst the iron is hot

One of my guys waited a few months and by then it was too late

MartyK

4 June 2016
Yusef, in my mind, the question of if the mother files a recovery order does she have to be specific about the date you relocated? indicates you have specific concerns about an actual date being known.

Your timeline is not clear to me. You claim to have moved with the children from QLD to Vic 5-6 months ago. Yet, you state the mother last spent time with the children on 12 January this year (5 months ago). She returned them to you by taxi (a long taxi ride from QLD to Vic).

You say the reason the mother does not want to spend time with the children is because the children do not enjoy spending time with her. I will not make any assumptions about this, except to note that barriers to this (strained?) relationship between the children and mother have been further increased by the interstate relocation.

A missing persons notification was made by the mother to the police 3 weeks ago, leading me to believe the mother was not informed of the move nor the children’s location.

The mother may never file a recovery order, and this would be to your benefit (more time elapse). However, if she does proceed with Court action, in my mind, far more than “the kids don’t want to see mum”, “she goes on holidays” and “I needed work” will need to be explained to the Court in terms of your unilateral actions.

yusuf

23 December 2016
Yusef, in my mind, the question of if the mother files a recovery order does she have to be specific about the date you relocated? indicates you have specific concerns about an actual date being known.

Your timeline is not clear to me. You claim to have moved with the children from QLD to Vic 5-6 months ago. Yet, you state the mother last spent time with the children on 12 January this year (5 months ago). She returned them to you by taxi (a long taxi ride from QLD to Vic).

You say the reason the mother does not want to spend time with the children is because the children do not enjoy spending time with her. I will not make any assumptions about this, except to note that barriers to this (strained?) relationship between the children and mother have been further increased by the interstate relocation.

A missing persons notification was made by the mother to the police 3 weeks ago, leading me to believe the mother was not informed of the move nor the children’s location.

The mother may never file a recovery order, and this would be to your benefit (more time elapse). However, if she does proceed with Court action, in my mind, far more than “the kids don’t want to see mum”, “she goes on holidays” and “I needed work” will need to be explained to the Court in terms of your unilateral actions.

Hi Marty sorry about confusion. Mother saw kids last on 12/January 2018 yes whilst we were still in Brisbane. After she made it clear she doesn’t want to have contact anymore with kids that’s when I relocated to Victoria.
Yes I didn’t inform the mother because from day one the court orders were issued in 2016 she never cared about her days she was supposed to be having contact with children it’s been me trying to have her see kids. And the fact that children are hard to convince to go have time with their mother made her ignore or careless about court orders.
Today I was served with court orders stating mother wants kids back in Brisbane.
My kids have been enrolled in school and doing great in sports and I have secured employment as driver and I’m getting much help now from the community and I’m in a relationship though still at early stages but promising.
What can I do as I’m now required to attend court in November?
Thanks for any kind suggestions I know your suggestions are not legally binding but I just wanna have an idea of what next.
Thanks

yusuf

23 December 2016
1. No.

2. You will be served with the application and it’s up to you if you attend the hearing. If you don’t, the matter may proceed undefended.

3. She can file wherever she wants, but if she’s in Queensland, and you were in Queensland, then most likely, it’ll be filed in Queensland.

Hi there mum has finally filled recovery order and I got served this morning and the court is in Brisbane in the next month. My question is do I have to go to Brisbane for the hearing or is there another way of doing it without me traveling to Brisbane.
Thanks