NSW I did not attend Liverpool Local Court today, will there be a warrant out for my arrest?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Maddison2112

29 January 2020
Hey, quick question! I had my first court listing today at Liverpool Local court for 2 Driving matters. 1. FAIL TO STOP 2.DRIVING RECKLESSLY.... I did not attend court today as I have been ill and was unable too. But I did go to the doctors this afternoon around 3:30-4pm. They provided me a medical certificate stating ‘I am not fit for work’ and I got them to FAX it to the court. Would I have a warrant out for my arrest? What should be my next step from here?

BlakeMendoza

11 December 2019
US
The judge will mark your case with a failure to appear (FTA).

- Bench Warrant.
- Bail Bond
- Separate Criminal Charge
- Harsher Sentence
- Driver’s License Suspension

Regarding on the next step i think depends on the kind of crime you have done. But still better to ask for legal advice from an attorney.

Maddison2112

29 January 2020
The police suspended my license on the spot, my doctor faxed my medical certificate to the Liverpool local court & I looked on the court lists NSW and searched my name, there is now another court date for this matter on a later date 12/02/2020. Does this mean it’s been adjourned and I just appear at court at that date or could there still be a warrant out for my arrest?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
The police suspended my license on the spot, my doctor faxed my medical certificate to the Liverpool local court & I looked on the court lists NSW and searched my name, there is now another court date for this matter on a later date 12/02/2020. Does this mean it’s been adjourned and I just appear at court at that date or could there still be a warrant out for my arrest?
I am not a lawyer and this is from my understanding, as long as you have informed the court and had a valid reason, the court will be understanding and it has adjourned your court date, if they did not do that I would assume there would be a warrant out for your arrest. So what I would do now, If I were you: contact the court and confirm, if there is an issue you can explain to them and that should clarify your issue, then I would make sure that I am in court at that date.

Ozwarlock67

16 April 2015
If you were unable to attend, you should have contacted the court and they would simply adjourn the matter.