Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Husband Refusing Separation - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Sliverstone, 11 July 2016.

  1. Sliverstone

    Sliverstone Member

    11 July 2016
    Likes Received:
    My husband has a drinking problem and it's getting worse and worse. He even drank and went to pick up the kid, but was fortunately stopped by the Childcare teachers. I asked for a separation but he refused.

    What's my legal right under family law? How I can prevent my husband from hurting my kids more? He is ok when he is not drinking but he loses control when he's drunk. He keeps yelling and swearing in the house .

    He is unemployed and has nowhere to go. Where I can seek help for myself and my kids?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Do you own the house?
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page