VIC Human Services Took Children - Clarification of Family Court Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sarah1921

23 September 2015
Department of Health and Human Services took my kids away a couple of months ago and I'm on supervised access at the moment. Totally understood. My kids are currently staying with their father. Anyway, my mum has the kids on Thursday nights from 6pm til late Friday morning. She was planning on taking the kids to the Melbourne show this week and I told Department of Health and Human Services this as I wanted to know if I could cut short my access with the kids so they could spend a little more time there.

The Department of Health and Human Services rang today and said that mum isn't allowed to without the father's permission. I'm confused. Does that mean mum is supposed to go straight back to her house when she picks them up on a Thursday night? And then stay home til they get picked up Friday morning? There is nothing about my mum in the family court orders. Nothing at all. Department of Health and Human Services is child protection.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
So it's not in the orders that the kids spend time with your mother at the times they do?

Is your mother the nominated supervisor for your time with the kids?