NSW How to Present Objections to Affidavit?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mum79bronte

17 August 2015
I have been asked to note any objections to the other party's Affidavit for trial.

Would a general statement such as "she had me charged with assault...." be objectionable? It's wrong because it wasn't me who charged him with anything. Also, in relation to our parenting orders already in place, "these orders are still in place, but they aren't being followed". Isn't that just his own opinion?

Would spelling mistakes (children's names) or incorrect dates (birthdates) be something you just counter with your own affidavit or should I list that under objections?

I have done loads of family law research on objections but find it very confusing, to say the least.

Lance

31 October 2015
Basically you will counter any claims in the other party's affidavit with your own affidavit. You can list any objections under objections but make sure this aligns with your own affidavit. The most important thing being a true representation of the facts in your own affidavit.