NT How to Help Partner Get Bail?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Manpreet

28 May 2015
Hi.

I was wondering if anyone can help me on how I can convince the judge that I am safe? I want him to come out and live his own life. I really want to go to court when he reapplies for bail and say to judge that I am safe and whatever he is charged with. He didn't do it.

Police haven't got any evidence of him doing it except for my photos. I did give any statements, etc., and he is in jail now for 1.5 months as judge rejected his bail application.

Please help me.

S

Sophea

If the judge rejects his bail application there is nothing you can do. You can try to put your case before him at reapplication for bail, but ultimately the court has the final say and the judge obviously has grounds to believe that he should not be granted bail.

If he has been falsely accused of something - convicted of a crime that he did not commit, you need to get a lawyer. However, if your partner did commit a crime of which you were a victim then you are committing perjury by lying to the court about him not committing offences even if you do not want him to be convicted.