QLD How to Have Consent Orders Changed?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Indeed, provided the child is receiving positive support and encouragement for her relationship with each parent, a four-year-old should have no issues spending seven to ten days with one parent or the other, especially when the parents otherwise have equal care. It's pretty stock standard for the Court to order parents to halve the gazetted school holidays, even if the child isn't in school, because it creates a pattern that doesn't need to be changed when the child starts school and, like kids in families that aren't separated, it gives the child a few opportunities each year to enjoy real vacation time with each of her parents without having to plan around a changeover.

Most orders also contain a provision for the child to communicate via phone with the other parent to break down the gap. It's unlikely the Court would change this order, especially when she's due to start prep in less than a year.

JenS

9 November 2016
Indeed, provided the child is receiving positive support and encouragement for her relationship with each parent, a four-year-old should have no issues spending seven to ten days with one parent or the other, especially when the parents otherwise have equal care. It's pretty stock standard for the Court to order parents to halve the gazetted school holidays, even if the child isn't in school, because it creates a pattern that doesn't need to be changed when the child starts school and, like kids in families that aren't separated, it gives the child a few opportunities each year to enjoy real vacation time with each of her parents without having to plan around a changeover.

Most orders also contain a provision for the child to communicate via phone with the other parent to break down the gap. It's unlikely the Court would change this order, especially when she's due to start prep in less than a year.

Hi AllForHer, since your recommendations, many things have changed and come to light. I would appreciate your help but I have drafted a post but it is very very long. Does this site allow very detailed long posts?

Thank you.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Certainly, this site facilitates long posts, so by all means, post away. If you exceed the character limit, please feel free to post consecutively. I'll do my best to assist, but as always, bear in mind that I don't give legal advice, I just share my guidance based on my knowledge and experience in family law.

sammy01

27 September 2015
So you don't agree with child-care?
HE does.. When the kid is with him this is his choice... It is a reasonable choice. It isn't like he is choosing to give the kid drugs... At 3 1/2 yrs of age child care is a pretty normal part of a kid's life.

I think you're on a hiding to nothing here.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
She is not of school age to be following school holiday hours, so when reading those consent orders of course I am going to think that is for Prep and beyond, not for the year she turns 4. Ridiculous he is expecting a four year old child to up and go to her fathers for 7 to 10 days? No contact with mother or siblings? She will be wondering where we are and what is going on? She is only used to 4 days at the most away from father and then her mother, not 7 to 10 days, that is a massive change. I will definitely be looking into this.

Look. Its quite simple. If the orders say half the school holidays and do not specify that they start when the child starts school then they are in force NOW, that is NOW. Not when you think they should be in force and they are in place as defined by the days split in the orders.

If they specify "from the start of 20xx school year" then they are not in force now and he does not have her. You can say or think whatever you like, those are the facts.

Also, and parent can put a child in daycare whenever and however they like. It is none of your business what goes on in the other house. Going back to court on that is a sure fire loser and i would lay money the orders you have that need your approval will be removed and the 50/50 will stay the same.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Folks, this thread is over a year old, the OP’s initial questions were already answered. She’s just asking if she can post again for more guidance.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Oopsies, I wonder how it ended up?