VIC How to evict a person not on the lease

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tainui

25 April 2020
Pretty sure you'll find that applies to an actual legal tenant.... Which she is not.. She's paid zero rent, you have asked her to leave, she told you to f**k off

You have said that >>> " I became afraid of my safety as she had screaming rants" .... You have had to move out of your own place while paying her rent & bills!! ..... Mate, she is laughing her tits off while getting high with her mates & will continue to do so ..... You came here saying you were at a complete loss as too what to do

Well here's the thing... EVEN IF SHE WAS a legal tenant, even one that was paying rent, if you are in fear of this person, so much so you have had to move out, then you have grounds to apply for a personal protection order. Go to a local court & apply..... OR.... keep paying her rent & bills while you sleep on your mates couch .... VCAT aren't going to move her. Police won't move her, & she isn't going anywhere while she can free load on you .
Thanks. I will try to obtain an order.

Tainui

25 April 2020
Thanks for all your advice. Very grateful. Will speak to the police today about an intervention order.

Reactions: Atticus