VIC Being evicted by other tenant

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chemalotte

8 February 2021
I have lived in my current house since last November, in total there are four rooms. During Covid the landlord asked that we all go on the lease, due to not having any income at the time further then for rent and bills I was the only tenant allowed to continue living there without one

after Covid two of our housemates moved on and me and G interview and selected two new housemates. There has been some personality clashes and things such as door being left open at gone 11pm which I stated was unacceptable that has caused them to sit me down in a meeting today and tell me that I have a week from today to move out as I have ‘too strong’ of a personality.

G doesn’t agree that I ought to move. Anyway I wanted to know as I’m not on the lease what legal standing I have not to move or what time frame I ought to be allowed. The rent is due on the 15th. I have never defaulted in rent or bills.
Can I legally be pushed out as both new housemates are on the lease?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Can I legally be pushed out as both new housemates are on the lease?
I'd say you have a verbal lease arrange and as such they cannot evict you.

You should toning down your 'too strong' personality.