SA How to Deal With Speeding Fines as a UK Resident?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Upod12

12 December 2016
Hi there,

I have received two speeding fines for South Australia in the post. I was on holiday there and have recently returned and they arrived to my UK address as I am a UK resident. Both are fairly mild in my mind. Yes, I was speeding but 1 by 19 kph, the other by 12 kph in speed limits that had been changed.

I have challenged them and to no success, so I am seeking opinions that if I just ignore them as a UK resident, what will happen and would that affect my re-entry in the future to Australia?

I thank you for your time in reading this .

Kind regards

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,

I don't think they will extradite you over two speeding fines in South Australia and if they do seek extradition, the Ecuadorian Embassy is the choice location for most Australians in hiding.

Jokes aside if you ever wish to return to Australia its probably best to pay the fines. Its not likely they will pursue you in another country over a few hundred dollars but I would been keen to get rid of it.

Upod12

12 December 2016
Thanks Lance.

I would wish to come back to Australia at some point. Would it affect my re-entry at emergration and customs?

Lance

31 October 2015
I have heard of people being stopped upon entry in to the country because of old unpaid fines. It's probably not always pursued but it may be.