How should we document a variation to consent orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Keeks

28 February 2019
@sammy01 -
I've got a pretty good record management system on the go and will make sure we lay down some solid documented communications about this latest change.

Both Mum and Dad have equal shared responsibility so I think she understands she can't make big life decisions without Dad's input, we're just worried that in a few years something will happen at the new school and she'll want to pull the kids out and send them back to the one that's in the consent orders. She's fantastic at making waves and we suspect that she's caused a few headaches for the teaching staff at the original school (possibly prompting her request to change schools), but she's also remarkably skilled at forgetting her past sh!tty behaviour and distancing herself from all the fires she leaves in her wake. I'm pretty sure a return to the original school would not be completely off the table as far as she's concerned, especially if pursuing another change would inconvenience us.

Thanks for the draft letter suggestion!

Atticus

6 February 2019
If the parenting plan option is enough to give us some protection should she start making waves again in a few years, then we'd probably be happy with that.
Just make sure you get some very solid legal advice on how the parenting plan will operate in this situation, being that parenting plans as you know are NOT legally enforceable... I'm not sure what recourse would be available if the new plan was ignored .... As you say, a set aside & of current orders & replaced with new ones would be the best option

Reactions: Keeks

Atticus

6 February 2019
@Keeks If you do get legal advice on how writing a parenting plan to replace or amend a certain clause on an existing order .... It would be great to get some feedback here on how that particular issue now dealt with in a parenting plan can be legally enforced (or not). Good luck with it all.

Cheers

Reactions: Keeks