VIC Heather not allowed in sharehouse

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

BenWHV

17 May 2021
Hello Everyone.

I'm currently in a sharehouse provided by my work agency, and this week end I've got a little problem about my Heather.

Effectively it's start to be very cold in my place and especially in my Room because I reckon it's not isolated well. When I Came back from work the night, I even Can find my beddings wet of humidity.

So I've bought an Heather but the problem is the manager of my house Saw it and told me that is not allowed because it's too expensive for the company. I'm allowed to use an electric blanket but not an Heather.

Apparently it's writing inside my working contract but I'm not sure about what I should do. We don't have any Heather in the whole house and winter is coming. And in more, my manager told me that I could have an extra fee if the company See I'm using an Heather.

So i'm just wandering if they really Can charge me with extra fee or even kick me out for unrespected the rules.
What do you think about that ?
Thanks you for Helping me
Cheers

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Apparently it's writing inside my working contract but I'm not sure about what I should do.
Well, you start by looking at the wording of your contract.