NSW Gym Contract Enforcement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nomad

27 May 2021
Hi all, I signed a gym contract that states I get a special 20% ongoing discount through a third member organization as well as further 10% gym discount for the first 16 weeks. They have only given me the 10% gym discount for the first 16 weeks with the third member organisation saying they are still waiting on the gym's response every week I ask them. I never got connected during the first 16 weeks. To get the 20% ongoing, I signed a new contract after 16 weeks was up and now I am connected.

Question is I want to enforce the first 16 weeks from the old contract, allowing me the special 20% with the third member organisation which the gym has refused. I know the gym does not normally do the extra deal and the staff made the deal anyway. I have a copy of my contract.

yramavol

26 September 2022
Hi. I think you need to discuss this with both sides because everything sounds quite contradictory.
Maybe after sixteen weeks of going to the gym, one of the organizations will require you to pay for their services since you have two different contracts with two different parties. You shouldn't risk. Try to discuss it with a professional from each side. Also, how effective will your workouts be at that gym? Will you have a professional trainer working with you, or is the lucrative offer just a gift of sixteen weeks of attendance at the gym? When I got such gift weeks, I didn't get a trainer. But I talked to the experts at PureRawz, who suggested I take sars to increase my muscle growth efficiency.