QLD Govia Toll Gate Fines Tripled - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
1 February 2016
I phoned Govia on the 28 Dec 2015 to let them know I was travelling through their tolls. The lady told me she had created a 30day account and I gave her my credit card details for them to deduct the money. I was not home for few weeks. I got back later in the month and I got an invoice dated the 8 of January and was due 21 January. Unfortunately, I can't find my reference number but I have my phone records showing that I phoned Govia that date and billed me for.

Now the bill has tripled and Govia is saying they can't find my account.

I don't know what to do. Please help.

S

Sophea

What details did you provide them with when you created an account? Bank details? Address? Contact info?

S

Sophea

Was there any charge to your credit card? And have they tried to search for you on their system using all of the details that you provided?

I would stand your ground and refuse to pay it and put it back on them for poor customer service. Send them a copy of your phone records proving that you contacted them the day before.

1 February 2016
They were very vague about all they wanted was a reference number, which I can't find. Thet didn't not deduct any money from my account yet but I will keep an eye on it. Thank you. I will use my phone records because it was a very lengthy conversation out all my calls. I will insist to pay the minimum amount I was supposed to pay.

Thank you