Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Govia Toll Gate Fines Tripled - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Rosemary Chitana, 1 February 2016.

1. Rosemary Chitana

I phoned Govia on the 28 Dec 2015 to let them know I was travelling through their tolls. The lady told me she had created a 30day account and I gave her my credit card details for them to deduct the money. I was not home for few weeks. I got back later in the month and I got an invoice dated the 8 of January and was due 21 January. Unfortunately, I can't find my reference number but I have my phone records showing that I phoned Govia that date and billed me for.

Now the bill has tripled and Govia is saying they can't find my account.

I don't know what to do. Please help.

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

What details did you provide them with when you created an account? Bank details? Address? Contact info?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rosemary Chitana

I provide them with my name, address, my car details and my credit card details.

4. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Was there any charge to your credit card? And have they tried to search for you on their system using all of the details that you provided?

I would stand your ground and refuse to pay it and put it back on them for poor customer service. Send them a copy of your phone records proving that you contacted them the day before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rosemary Chitana

They were very vague about all they wanted was a reference number, which I can't find. Thet didn't not deduct any money from my account yet but I will keep an eye on it. Thank you. I will use my phone records because it was a very lengthy conversation out all my calls. I will insist to pay the minimum amount I was supposed to pay.

Thank you