NSW Goods left behind turned bad

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

WhatNow

29 May 2018
An ex had been staying at a house I rent as a friend of the current tennant.
The ex was never on lease nor payed any rent but had accumulated and left so many personal items in the house that the room theyd been using was not accessible for the rent paying tennant.
I found this out at the routine inspection as well as serious damage caused by wear and tear but I was not made aware of this until the damage was so severe that it resulted in the need for a new kitchen and bathroom. When i arrived the current tenant had informed me of the situation with my ex and the inability to have them remove their belongings.
I sent a msg telling them they had to remove the belongings withing the month and that if he didn't then I'd be disposing whatever belongings were left. 55 days later the things had not been removed so I packed them up and put what I could into storage and left the remains on the verandah.
It has been 3 weeks and still no sign of the boxes being collected but I did receive 2 text msgs. The first threatening me and a threat of sending illicit pictures of myself and information to my family members that would "break their hearts" to see. and another stating " i dont give a f**k what your priorities are. But if you dont return them to me asap, i swear to you, you will regret it, an thats not a threat its a promise."
I feel as though I've acted within the bounds nsw tenancy laws even though having never payed rent he technically would not even be considered a sub tennant. Am I correct in thinking this?