NSW AITA or more importantly are my actions lawful?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

WhatNow

29 May 2018
My Ex was residing in a property i own as a "guest"of the current tennant I am leasing it to. She was not subletting as the Ex was never on a lease nor payed any rent but during the stay as a guest had accumulated a great deal of personal items and upon leaving has left a great deal of stuff in the house. So much infact that the room the Ex had been using is no longer accessible for the rent paying tennant.
I found this out at the routine inspection as well as serious damage caused by wear and tear but I was not made aware of this until the damage was so severe that it resulted in the need for a major 2 room renovation.
When i arrived the current tenant had already informed me of the current situation and her inability to have the ex come round and remove their belongings despite being asked on several occasions.
I sent a msg telling them they had to remove the belongings withing the month and that if he didn't then I'd be disposing whatever belongings were left. 55 days later nothing had been picked up or moved and the ex had made no contact or plans to do so. so I packed them up and put what I could into storage and left the remains on the verandah.
It has been 3 weeks and still no sign of the boxes being collected but I did receive 2 text msgs. The first threatening me and a threat of sending illicit pictures of myself and information to my family members that would "break their hearts" to see. and another stating " i dont give a f**k what your priorities are. But if you dont return them to me asap, i swear to you, you will regret it, an thats not a threat its a promise."
I feel as though I've acted within the bounds nsw tenancy laws even though having never payed rent they technically would not even be considered a sub tennant. Am I correct in thinking this?
Or is what I've done illegal?
Do I need to file an abandoned goods report with NCAT before moving forward?
The Ex is taking this as though it's been done out of spite but it was done in preservation of my house. My tennants rights and the inability to do anything else given the lack of communication and unwillingness to move their own belongings.