WA Get a Binding Financial Agreement for Divorce?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Seth

21 November 2018
The OP seemed more concerned with time than costs.

BFA is potentially by far the quickest option. Though it does carry the risk lawyer for the other party will convince the other party they can do better.

Consent is the cheapest option and can be done without lawyers, though takes longer.

A contested trial is the longest and most expensive option.
Hello Rod, I am doing the consent order draft now, I have a question, if we don't have any property to split, what to do with the property section in the consent order application?

Cheers,

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You list the matrimonial property, itemising only significant assets like land/cars/boats/caravans etc. Also list super. If values are $0, put $0.

Then you say who gets what. It may well be something simple like you each retain what is currently in your possession, though helps to split some things of value like whitegoods/jewellery/tools as separate items (eg Husband - Tools estimated value $x).

Seth

21 November 2018
You list the matrimonial property, itemising only significant assets like land/cars/boats/caravans etc. Also list super. If values are $0, put $0.

Then you say who gets what. It may well be something simple like you each retain what is currently in your possession, though helps to split some things of value like whitegoods/jewellery/tools as separate items (eg Husband - Tools estimated value $x).
Thanks, Rob, the property has been sold prior. Shall I just cross off the property section, as well as the children section ( we don't have any kids)?

Cheers,

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Don't cross it out. Put it in with $0 and give sale date that should be prior to separation.

Reactions: Seth