WA Flexirent Loan Dilemma?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

zollie

15 August 2014
I'm separated from my ex wife. I have several Flexirent loans for products in my name that I pay for upward of $500 a month. She has kept these and won't give them back. Am I entitled, and how would I go about getting what I pay for under each loan agreement? Or is it a loss and a loan I have to pay the next 2 years for nothing?

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Zollie,

Generally, if the flexirent items are in your name, you are the one that has a possessory right to them, not your ex wife. You can either negotiate with your ex wife and have her pay for the items by transferring the flexirent agreements to her name (you will need to see if this is possible with the company) or sue your ex wife for recovery of the items.

Reactions: John R and Tim W

rayif

26 October 2016
I have a flexirent contract that isn't even in my name. I get letters with both a different name and my name though both asking for the same amount of money. Details are the same just different names.

Am I still obligated to pay when the original contracts are under a different name than mine?