VIC Financial settlement negotiations

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
remind us... What sort of time did you wind up with the kids? What are your work prospects like moving forward?

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Part of the issue is that I ended up with mostly time during the week (partly because initially I was only given supervised time and it was cheaper weekdays, which then followed on to being given weekday time when supervision was taken away). It's better now after 2 years of court where I've been given time which has eventually progressed to full alternate weekends by 2021, but right now I get a 24 hour overnight block every fortnight and 2 weekday blocks. That's been a big impediment to getting full time work and in order to maintain the relationship with the children with the court ordered time being mainly weekdays, I've forgone opportunities.

I should hopefully be able to get back to work now that my time has extended more to the weekends, but obviously covid-19 has put a big spanner in the works as far as employment goes.