NSW Filing for divorce in NSW

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Flemming

6 September 2016
I have been separated for over 12 months and want to move on with the divorce. I have lodged the application and served the divorce application papers on my ex wife both by email and by post following the guidelines.
She has now come back and her position is she will not acknowledge receipt of the divorce papers until we settle property, child support and spouse support.

My ex wife has acknowledged by email that she received the divorce papers by email and now she has also acknowledged that she received the posted divorce papers by sending an email saying she will not acknowledge........

So how can I move forward with the divorce and prove to court in September that the necessary paper work has been served on my ex wife to be granted divorce???

I know that there is a way without the acknowledgement, but what is the requirements?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Fill in the court form 'Acknowledgment of Service (Divorce)' and attach your evidence of service in an affidavit.

Doesn't matter if she replies or not for a divorce.

Suspect you're going to need a lawyer for the property split. Your about to be ex is already demonstrating an unwillingness to compromise even over a simple acknowledgement.

Flemming

6 September 2016
I have agreed the property split already involving lawyers and it is all ready, but she keeps dragging everything out!

Flemming

6 September 2016
I have agreed the property split already involving lawyers and it is all ready, but she keeps dragging everything out!
Fill in the court form 'Acknowledgment of Service (Divorce)' and attach your evidence of service in an affidavit.

Doesn't matter if she replies or not for a divorce.

Suspect you're going to need a lawyer for the property split. Your about to be ex is already demonstrating an unwillingness to compromise even over a simple acknowledgement.
But also do you know if I still can go to court and asking for divorce without the acknowledgement considering I have several email confirmations that she has received the divorce papers?

Flemming

6 September 2016
After having had all my documents done in January and my ex wife not wanting to sign I now have agreed the documents with my ex wife and her lawyer. The only problem is that my current lawyer want to charge me a fortune for resigning the documents again. Anyone here who knows a practical lawyer who can help me signing the consent orders?