WA Father Refuses to Sign for Daughter's Passport - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Becca

15 October 2015
Hi I was wondering what I can do under Family Law. I need a passport for my daughter for our holiday, but her father is refusing to sign. She doesn't see him anymore.

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
Hi I was wandering what I can do under Family Law. I need a passport for my daughter for our holiday, but her father is refusing to sign. She doesn't see him anymore.

Hi Becca,

You can actually apply as per normal for the passport and just write a spiel saying that she doesn't see him anymore etc.

They will make a decision from there.

If you do not get issued a passport through them you can then start mediation with him. If he does not turn up or you can't agree, you get the certificate needed to commence legal proceedings in the family law court in order to obtain the passport.

Good luck

Becca

15 October 2015
Hi Becca,

You can actually apply as per normal for the passport and just write a spiel saying that she doesn't see him anymore etc.

They will make a decision from there.

If you do not get issued a passport through them you can then start mediation with him. If he does not turn up or you can't agree, you get the certificate needed to commence legal proceedings in the family law court in order to obtain the passport.

Good luck

Ok thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator: