VIC Family report

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Fonzi75

23 October 2019
I have recently received the draft copy of a family report. My question is how long do I have before I can respond to the report and should I notify the writer that I intend to offer a response? The report is mostly based on lies that have been told to the report writer hence my need to respond with evidence of the lies. I believe the recomendations that have come out of the report would have been vastly different if the report writer had been given the truth. I woud like to offer the report writer the opportunity to amend the report as there will be issues for the writer if they are cross examined in court.

skdad

7 April 2020
Victoria, melbourne
hi mate, if your in a custody battle as far as a family report writer you should get a lawyer, i been through it all and its way too much to risk on defending yourself.
just an fyi mate and goodluck!

Fonzi75

23 October 2019
hi mate, if your in a custody battle as far as a family report writer you should get a lawyer, i been through it all and its way too much to risk on defending yourself.
just an fyi mate and goodluck!
Thanks, I have been represented up until now and am going self represented for a while. I now have a lawyer guiding me on a case by case basis and will appoint a barrister if it goes to trial.