Family report - false information provided

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Fonzi75

23 October 2019
I have received a family report for my family law matter where the mother has lied and consequently swayed the report writers recomendations. 8 days later I have submitted a report with attached evidence to the mothers lawyers and the report writer as evidence of the lies. The mothers lawyers advised the report writer to not read and disregard the evidence as I have not followed the required family law rules under section 15.5.6. Can the lawyer for the mother advise the report writer to disregard? Doesn't the lawyer and the report writer have a duty to receive the information? Should I file an application to provide this information? I understand I could call for a conference with the report writer within 21 days but the evidence is damning.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Ask for the conference, and cross-examine at the hearing.

It may well be the writer changes their report anyway.

Fonzi75

23 October 2019
I have asked the report writer for a conference by email on 2 seperate occasions. It is now almost day 21 since the report was received and the report writer has ignored my requests for a conference and made no comment on the further information with evidence of lies I have provided.
What should I do if I am ignored in this way?
Also the report file is labelled "draft". Is it still in draft form and if so how long does it remain in draft form?

Fonzi75

23 October 2019
I have received a family report for my family law matter where the mother has lied and consequently swayed the report writers recomendations. 8 days later I have submitted a report with attached evidence to the mothers lawyers and the report writer as evidence of the lies. The mothers lawyers advised the report writer to not read and disregard the evidence as I have not followed the required family law rules under section 15.5.6. Can the lawyer for the mother advise the report writer to disregard? Doesn't the lawyer and the report writer have a duty to receive the information? Should I file an application to provide this information? I understand I could call for a conference with the report writer within 21 days but the evidence is damning.
Hi Rod. Please see my question above.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Apply for a court order seeking a conference.