QLD Where to Make a Family Report Complaint?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam2100

3 November 2015
Hi,

Do I have to wait until trial to challenge the Family Report or can I tell that Family Report writer has ignored evidence in the next mentioning before the trial to the judge?

Or should I tell it to the ICL, but the ICL has chosen the Family Report writer?

Thank you in advance.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Adam,

It might be worth discussing the matter with a lawyer. I'm not sure the ICL would be the appropriate person to raise an issue about the family report writer. It might be that the evidence they are ignoring isn't relevant or it's not being expressed in a way to highlight its importance.

If you discuss the details of the evidence with a lawyer they can advise you on the appropriate course of action. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

MartyK

4 June 2016
The Family report writer makes recommendations to the Court. Whether the Judge follows some, all or any of those recommendations, in making final orders, will be dependent upon all of the evidence before the Court.

ICL's are independent and do not 'act' for the parties. Although their own submissions may be in line with the report writer, this is not always the case. While it may be necessary to write to the ICL, or care of, in certain circumstances, writing to the ICL to express your concerns about the report writer, is likely to get you nowhere.

You will need to wait until the trial to challenge the recommendations (or facts within the report) of the report writer during cross examination.