- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Family Law - Stopping Ex From Leaving the Country with Children?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Austin, 12 October 2015.

  1. Austin

    Austin New Member

    9 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    My ex refused to let me see my two girls and she's taking them back to NZ. I don't trust her and I have a feeling they won't come back. How can I stop her from taking my kids out of the country under Family Law?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Do they already have passports?
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mollis

    Mollis Active Member

    20 July 2015
    Likes Received:
    If they have passports you need to act quickly and don't think that it won't happen.

    My wife abducted my two children and retained them overseas and it is still a long, expensive and very upsetting process for all involved to have them returned home. Whilst NZ is a signatory to the Hague Convention on Civil Matters of International Child Abduction you don't want to have to go down this road if you can avoid it.

    This type of thing happens with alarming regularity but it is relatively simple to prevent.

    Hide the passports or prevent them from having passports made available and contact the courts and the Federal Police and have both children put on the AFP Airport Watchlist.

    Do something now....!

    Good luck

Share This Page