Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Family Law - Ex Restricting Access to Daughter - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Whatisallowed, 20 November 2015.

  1. Whatisallowed

    Whatisallowed Member

    20 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    My new partner has been separated for 3 years and is preparing for divorce. His ex-wife is refusing access to his daughter if he decides to move in together with me. Can she place these restrictions and how do we proactively deal with this under Family Law?
  2. sammy01

    sammy01 Well-Known Member

    27 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    Does the dad have court orders/ consent orders? A parenting plan? What sort of access does he currently have?

    Look, it might not be a bad idea to book mediation with relationships Australia. He can tell her that it is an opportunity to work together to be better parents for the child by getting some assistance to help discuss matters of concern. If he gets to mediation, they will hopefully help the mum understand that she can't make these sorts of stipulations, and if she chooses to withhold the child it will not look good in court.

Share This Page