NSW Family Law - Chances of Relocation Order and ICL Interview?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

abc

19 January 2016
Thank you, Beverly, for your valuable input.

How about the crazy things she is doing? How do you convey that she is lacking of giving the best environment, such as she doesn't drive, can't maintain a good social relationship, doesn't work, no communication, etc.?

The child has been living without their father over a year and they used to live in a non-Haugue country. Do you think the father has some extra thing to prove that she is lacking in too many things?

Just a question. It may sound weird!

abc

19 January 2016
Court asked to submit an affidavit mainly on supervised visitation. Can anyone share what should be in it apart from supervisor's report? Will a picture make any difference?

Thanks

abc

19 January 2016
What is the consequences if the mother doesn't comply with psychiatrist, even though the court ordered for it. She was told to go to her gp for referral in 7 days but it's gone over 4 weeks and she is still saying she has no money.

Who should do the subpoena? ICL or private lawyers? Any charge involve?

sammy01

27 September 2015
well it doesn't look good - I often think part of the reason the system is slow is because the magistrate wants time to see how the parties behave.

So you need to make yourself smell of roses by showing what a great dad you are. Don't bother slagging out mum. Stuff like her not complying with orders for psych report is making her look like mud

abc

19 January 2016
Thanks, Sammy01 for your reply. Your answers are really a big support for the people in difficult situations. Looks like the mother is saying she can't afford it

abc

19 January 2016
Got a serious question about the lawyer. Court asked us to fill an affidavit one month prior to next hearing and respondent should reply two weeks before the date. We have virtually 4 working days left and my lawyer didn't drop the affidavit yet, let alone reply from the respondent.

Asked lawyer to issue subphonea from medical, police and the lawyer said it had been issued but document not available yet.The lawyer said the respondent is also not complying with many things so we are a bit late to fill affidavit as well.

We are 4days away from interim hearing, don't see my lawyer is fully ready yet. All I see is him being very reluctant and saying we will only get unsupervised access this time and that's it. I was hoping he'd present this to me well as this is a private lawyer.

Do you reckon he is trying his best or just doing the routine job? If any parent doesn't have any serious offence, should they get child access even without a lawyer. Do you reckon I'm being looked after well or do I need to think of an alternative?

Thanks

Beverley Greening

6 November 2014
The father could say he is concerned it will be difficult for the mother as she is isolated from family and does not drive nor have permanent accommodation but no more than that.

abc

19 January 2016
Sorry I am talking about the solicitor. Things he is doing doesn't look to me he is serious or presenting me well. ICL subpoena'd some doc those are available but father paid for some of them to support his case not available. I assume the solicitor was late again to apply for it.

Any idea how long it will take approximately to get medical or police report?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok - look it is hard to tell and with 4 days to interim I reckon you need to just hold on to your hat. Sometimes solicitor's are not great at explaining so us poor uneducated folk get it. They just want us to sit there and let them do their job.

That said - I sacked my first solicitor. Once I'd lost faith in him I just felt I wasn't prepared to have my time wasted and if I didn't get what I wanted I at least wanted to make sure that I gave it my best and my first solicitor didn't fill me with confidence...

Look it may be that he already knows that it will be adjourned because the mother has not filled? Sorry can't be any more .

abc

19 January 2016
Thanks Sammy01, yea it is interim hearing . If mother can't reply only reason we didn't make it on time. Even I asked to sophena some documents , none of them are available. However ICL sophenad some of them and all are available. That raise a huge question that my solicitor didn't apply it in right time . Is it worth to change the lawyer after the interim hearing?