WA Family Law - Case Information and Affidavit for Family Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mel1972

9 February 2016
No problem, please let us know how you go.

Hi AllForHer

1st hearing was this morning and I was able to get some advice from the duty lawyer before going in.

The result was as follows:

My ex to have no contact with the children
Case assessment set down for mid-May.
DCP will do their report prior to the case assessment so that can be referred to during the Case Assessment ( as my Form 4 was filed and accepted )
Then the next hearing at the end of May.

I expressed my openness to supervised visits to the duty lawyer who advised me to tell the magistrate when and if I was asked about my thoughts on access, however, this was not asked. The magistrate, after reading my form 1A, Case Information affidavit and the Form 4 was strong on no contact.

I remain open to supervised visits down the track and will address this at the Case Assessment.

My only concern for the immediate future is out safety since he is being released from prison on Monday.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
That's a positive outcome in the interim, and I imagine it was helped along by the fact that the father was still in prison at the time of mention. The court will want to see how he progresses and if he behaves once released, so keep a diary of all contact and communication with your ex in the meantime so you can determine later on whether or not supervised time would be appropriate. Anything that breaches the DVO, report to the police.

Good work. :)