Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Rejection of Evidence in Family Court - Continue with Affidavit?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Steve1905, 13 August 2015.

1. Steve1905

Steve1905 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I have my first date in Family court Tuesday next week in front of a Registrar. No papers have been filed in reply to my affidavit which was served over a month ago.

I understand as this first date is for an Application in a case that there is 2 days allowance for filing before the date but I also understand that the reply should have been within 14 days of service. This raises many questions for me as I have waited almost 9 months for this date and don't want any delays in being heard.

What happens if the affidavit is filed after the 2 day limit? If I reject the evidence on that ground, will the Registrar continue on my affidavit alone? Can the Registrar still accept the evidence after my rejection? If so, how long am I given to read over the reply (10 minutes, 1 hour)?

Thanking you in advance

2. Steve1905

Steve1905 Well-Known Member

Still nothing filed and less than 24 hours until we are in front of the registrar.