VIC Family excluding Defacto after death

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Destiny

10 March 2020
Victoria
Hi
Sorry if long, but my DeFacto partner of 15 years passed away and I was his next of kin on the hospital contact list. We have a house we both lived in for 7 years which has automatically transferred to me.
After his death, his interfering sister from interstate decided to come and take things over from myself and his children named as executors.
It became a complicated relationship in the last two years due to 1. dispute with a new daughter-in-law 2. sisters interfering and encouraging my partners bad behavior 3. partner had medical issues affecting his mental state. But regardless I was listed by him as his next of kin when he went to hospital and just prior to passing away contacted by the doctors. I did call his children to rush to hospital.
Unfortunately, among all the mess he had listed his children as executors and beneficiaries on the Will. Not known if I am on Will yet.
Among the devastation of losing him, I have discovered now that the interfering sister (not a known executor or beneficiary) had attended a funeral home, without any consideration for my thoughts. Now I find out she is the next of kin due to this. She is rushing to get him cremated and collect the ashes.
On top is not having a service, only a rushed organized wake 3 days after death, to take ashes hours away from here. All due to saying it is what he wanted.
She also has a significant inheritance, from my partners deceased father, hidden somewhere and manipulating his executor children to let her handle it all so to exclude me.
She is manipulating his children to attack me in every way, and is likely attempting to get them to hand over all power to her.
I have been advised by friends of my partner it is going to get worse from her in the next week.
At a loss what can do !