QLD Family Court Orders - What to Write on Communication Book?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam2100

3 November 2015
Hello,

By family court orders, we have to use a Communication Book.

1. What should I write and what should I not write?
2. Should I write exactly what I did with my children e.g when they had food, with whom they played, to which events I took them?
3. Is there any online Communication Book?

Thank you in advance.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Leave the trivial things out of the book, like what you did, what they ate, what events they went to. What they do in their time with you is your business and your responsibility, so maintain those boundaries and don't provide ammunition for conflict.

Instead, just focus on the important matters, like if they need to be treated for lice or have been to the doctor for a serious illness.

An online communication book, not so much, but there are apps that are very popular for co-parents. Our Family Wizard is one, 2Houses is another. They have calendars so you can notify of any requests to change care arrangements, as well as a messaging system and Our Family Wizard even incorporates a monitor for hostility to keep messages business-like.

OCA

18 December 2015
If your orders don't stipulate what is to be included then a good rule of thumb for a communication book is to put in there things that you would want to be told if they had occurred when the children were with the other parent.

Adam2100

3 November 2015
Thank you for the responses.

My Ex-write false allegations in the communication book.
* How to deal with that? Do I have to deny each time or just start to write my own communication book?
* Do I have to share my own communication book with my Ex or just can handle it to the judge?

N Knight

27 December 2015
The communication book is a way for you to communicate with you ex in relation to the child. If you ex makes allegations against you unless they are relevant to the matter at hand, I would ignore them