QLD Need advice with communication options while co parenting

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

onepiece

25 August 2019
Hello,
Can anyone please help with a lawyer who repeatedly doesn't make any sense and disrupts communication between the parents?
I asked for time with my daughter via email to the mother’s lawyer. We have temporary orders on a week about schedule and going to trial in December.

This is what I wrote - “Dear Mr ppp Fathers day is on the 1st of September which is on the mother's week. Can you ask XXXX if it could be arranged for ZZZZ to spend that day with me?”

Lawyers reply - “Dear Mr YYY Rather than getting someone else to ghost write your emails we suggest you write your own. We also suggest that you respond to the email sent to you on Monday regarding the various matters you had raised prior to the mother being required to answer your Father’s Day email.”

My Response - “I don't understand what you're talking about or what you mean

I am asking now because it's time sensitive and your office takes a long time to respond. 12 days last time. Fathers day is coming up so will need an answer soon.

ZZZZ ( our daughter ) is doing things in school for fathers day and there is a father's day stall so I need to know if I should send money this week. Plus ZZZZ needs to know what is happening as much as I do so we can plan our day. I would like to buy whale watching tickets.

I am simply trying to do the best thing for ZZZZ while you are turning everything into an argument which is not your place. Please pass along communication regarding ZZZZ between XXXX and I promptly without harassment. Thank you

Lawyers reply - “Clearly Mr YYYY I have accused you of using someone else to ghost write your emails. A simple examination of your email below displays that. Are you now saying you wrote it yourself? If that is so then do you agree that you are extremely rude in that you are not even able to afford the basic respect of a proper salutation? When you have addressed this particular issue I will respond in relation to the balance issues.”

I did make an error and call him by the mothers previous lawyers name who recently left the law firm.
So the questions I have are -

1.What other means can I communicate with the mother, other than the lawyer and how can I arrange this? There are no communication family court orders in place but there is the standard bogus DVO in place which states no contact.

2. Can I take this back to family court now and ask to use some sort of app to communicate via or is this too low on their priority list?

3. Can I ask the mother to nominate another person to pass along communication emails regarding our daughter ? I’d like to just block the lawyer from his constant threats and time wasting.

4. Should I completely walk away from it all, forget fathers day this year and save myself the stress?

5. Can I make a complaint about the lawyer and his constant disruption in the co parenting of our daughter? Is it the lawyers place to be treating me this way? Is this costing the mother more money? A previous threat he made was that I was the one making the mother pay by stalling and emailing which again doesn't make sense since they have adjourned twice and not me.

Thank you for any advice.

sammy01

27 September 2015
wow - solicitor is a twit... Do a google search and find out what you can about the solicitor / law firm. Nothing about what the solicitor wrote to you comes close to what I'd expect from a solicitor.
I'd suggest a grovel email back to solicitor for the mistake on the salutation.
What then?
Ask if the ex would agree to text message communication specifically about child access and nothing else. If ex agrees then you can text message her directly (but be careful. Do not get caught up in a text message war). Mum might agree because these letters two a fro from you to her solicitor is costing her money. And ask about a change of care for fathers day...
That is about all you can do...

Plan B
Hey, I had a father's day where I didn't see the kids. I know that pain. I feel for you... But, make the next weekend father's day.