NSW Family Court - Delayed Service of Orders - Can Evidence Be Denied?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Steve1905

21 November 2014
Sydney
Hi all,

There are orders in place to have papers filed and served on me by tomorrow. So far nothing is filed on the courts portal. There was an extension granted to this date and still nothing. I would like to know, if there are orders in place on a date of filing and service and that date has passed, can that evidence be denied by the court? She is using legal aid. Is this something they do on purpose?

I fully understand given this is a family court matter and the best interest of the child is taken into account, the court will probably allow it but the ex has played this game for 10 months now.

Thank you in advance

AllForHer

23 July 2014
I have always found the court to be (often frustratingly) lenient about deadlines for filing. They file at the 11th hour, get a brief dressing down from the judge and then do the same thing ahead of the next mention.

Unfortunately, there's not a great deal that can be done about it either, other than hope the judge will put his foot down. :(