WA Exclusive Use and Common Property - Termite Treatment Cost?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Wayne Russell

10 June 2016
Hi there,

Property of 10 units (WA) which have exclusive use rights for their garden & carport areas.

We have had a termite inspection of the properties & activity was detected in some exclusive use areas. Regarding the responsibilities of owners for these areas [ Strata Titles Act 1985 – WA, Exclusive Use 42 (8) & 42 (11 - b) 'is unless excused by the by‑law, responsible for the performance of the duty of the strata company under section 35(1)(c) in respect of the common property, or the part of the common property, to which the by‑law relates.'] are these owners now responsible for the treatment costs of their respective areas?

Omid

15 September 2019
Sydney
If you take my opinion i would recommed you take have a discussion with a termite treatment professionals, at the same time i would recommend you to just have a discssion with some people who can answer your question from legal Point of views, as far as my knowledge is concerned i think some best termite inspection professional can give you better idea .

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Hmmm - Maybe next time I need a lawyer I'll try the local pest controller instead. I had no idea they studied law.